Pages

Thursday 25 November 2010

The Story so Far: Part 3

The Tribunal Service is billed as an independant arbitration service used by the DWP, however I have my doubts.  But they are, to the best of my knowledge, paid for by the state just like someone who works at the DWP.

The first hearing was called off for more information.  The second hearing was called off for more information, as was the third and fourth hearing; my witness to events taking days off when we were summoned.

After each hearing I'd receive letters from the DWP reminding me that I should be on Jobseekers (and wouldn't it be nice if all this scary stuff went away) with additional paperwork to add to my file.  At various points they also stated I wasn't eligible for Income Support, Disability Living Allowance and Tax Credits although I'd never applied for those benefits personally.  Reading the paperwork became something of a laugh for the two of us in the "what bit of their story are they changing this time?" vein.  And change it they did!  I've the complete set of paperwork sat here and we go from a meeting with no witness to there was no meeting.  Similar things happen with the application for Incapacity Benefit being on their insistence to it was my insistence it happen.

Letters from my psychiatrists weren't requested nor from my Dermatologist and the veracity of the private health care firms' report went unchallenged despite the odd circumstances surrounding it.  The long and short of it being that whatever the DWP changed their story too at that point in time I'd have to argue against.  Did I mention we also had cars parked across the road with cameras recording us?  Didn't think so but when you deal with DSLR's and video cameras you can spot the little green & red "I am recording you/taking picture of you" light on the front.

One of the Tribunal people let slip about another investigation taking place but nobody knew anything about it and whatever the outcome of it I have no idea. 

No comments:

Post a Comment